Tuesday, 28 April 2015

My role in the group

From the beginning as a group we discussed our location, props and costume ideas which we thought would look the most effective within our video in able to make it look professional. Individually we all took part in researching other music videos and record labels so we had evidence for our blogs but we all made sure that we had similar research so it linked with our chosen song and planning ideas.

Since I was not acting in the video, my contribution to the project was mainly involving props and location. I was able to provide a black background sheet for the powder paint scene as I work at a store that sells them, so I was easily able to gain access to one. I was also able to arrange to use my back garden to film the additional powder paint scenes which was very useful as we were stuck for a place to film those particular scenes. 

When filming I was the one who organised the music and lyrics to make sure that the actresses were lip syncing the correct lyrics at the right time. I would also sing along with them to assist them in singing the correct lyrics and to give a confidences boost. I then also helped out with the props a lot, particularly within the powder paint scenes as I would be the one to throw the powder paint at the actresses as they sing/lip sync. 

Finally, I assisted in the making of the digipak, which involved a lot of planning and Photoshop editing. Myself and Hayley executed this task and were able to create a digipak that the whole group were proud of. In addition to this, I was able to bring a lot of ideas to creating the digipak, for example I chose the font styles that we used and chose the images that we used for our final digipak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment